Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Recipe Of The Week

Chicken in Potato Baskets

4 1/2 c. thawed hash browns
6 T. butter, melted
1 1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper

Combine all of the above and press into six greased custard cups. (I have been using an 8x8 square pan.)

1/2 c. chopped onion (I use 1/4 c.)
1/2 c. butter
1/4 c. flour
2 t. chicken bouillon granules
1 t. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 t. dried basil
2 c. milk
3 c. cubed cooked chicken
1 c. frozen peas, thawed

In saucepan, saute onion in butter. Add flour, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, and basil. Stir in milk. Bring to boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and peas. Spoon into prepared crusts.

Bake, uncovered, at 375 for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.

2 comments:

Kristal said...

Did you find bouillon without MSG? If so, which kind?

Unknown said...

So I have this in the oven now and my crust is not browning. I am so not a good cook. I wonder what I did wrong?!